Saturday Skincare: Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

Saturday, March 8, 2014



I really believe that toners are a necessity within a skincare routine. It removes the make-up residues and prepares the face for the moisturizer. My skin is combination skin and it really is bipolar sometimes. Sometimes it would be really dry to the point where you can see the "flakes" and sometimes I would be on the oilier side. It's really hard for me to find the "right" skincare products.

However, I have been loving this Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner. Kiehl's advertises that this toner is for normal to oily skin types. It is alcohol-free so it doesn't pull on my skin like the other toners. It is more gentle on your skin. The smell isn't too great but that just means that there aren't harsh chemicals in it. My face feels much cleaner after applying this toner and I don't seem to be breaking out from it. It comes in 3 different sizes but the medium size (I believe it's around 8 oz) lasted me for about 3 months.

The one downside of this toner is the "whole flowers" that are in the toner. It often comes out with the liquid on to the cotton pad and is left on the face after applying it. So you really have to check before walking out of the bathroom or you would be walking around with flower petals on your face.

But I really like the way my skin feels after - I highly recommend it for people with combination skin,  who are looking for a gentle toner.

Let your comment here

« »